Due to the current situation with Coronavirus, I am now only offering telephone or online counselling (video using Doxy.me) for the foreseeable future.
My standard fee for telephone or online counselling is £45.00 per session. However, if you are experiencing any financial hardship due to coronavirus, I can offer a reduced rate of £30.00 per session during this difficult time. This can be discussed in our initial phone conversation or online meeting.
Clients needing support can rest assured that online or telephone formats are both effective for therapy. Although, they have different implications which would be outlined in an initial session. Some details are below.
Online counselling uses a video platform such as Doxy.me (similar to Skype but more secure) where we can see each other face to face using a device online, such as a laptop, tablet or smartphone.
For telephone counselling, we have a phone call therapy session at a previously allocated time. We can discuss how this works in our initial session together.
NB. It is recommended to have anti-virus software installed on your device.
I am trained and able to work therapeutically in these formats (telephone and online) with a wide variety of client issues. Some of these are highlighted below. For more information, please click the relevant link.
Online and telephone counselling can offer many advantages such as flexibility with time, location and accessibility. However, it doesn’t come without risks as outlined below.
- Using phone or web-based support could mean that misunderstandings may happen in communication.
- Subtle changes in how you are feeling may not be so easily picked up. Although, some research suggests that counselling over the phone can increase a therapist’s ability to listen and attune to feelings accurately.
- It’s crucial that your smartphone/tablet/PC that you use for counselling allows you to be in a private and safe place to ensure the confidentiality of our therapy.
How to access online or telephone counselling
- Before starting our work together whether online or via telephone, I would require you to read and confirm agreement to my specific Online or Telephone Counselling Agreement that will be sent to you.
- For your safety and confidentiality, I use a secure encrypted platform called Doxy.me for online counselling which is free for you to download and use.
- For online work, I will send you a link for you to join our Doxy.me session at a pre-allocated time.
- For both ways of working, an initial assessment occurs at the beginning of the session.
- We’ll discuss how telephone or online counselling may serve to help you. This helps us to check whether we can work ethically and safely.
- Our work together follows a usual therapeutic way of working with whatever issues are troubling you.
(Additionally, this work can be a holding type of support related directly to the current coronavirus pandemic.)
If you have any questions about online or telephone counselling, please feel free to get in touch.
Feel free to give me a ring for a chat or send me an email. We can discuss how grief counselling can help you through this difficult time. Let me help you to learn to manage life after loss.
I welcome diversity including all body size, age, disability, race, sexuality & gender (lgbtqia+), class, religion and political values.
My counselling practice is located in Snitterfield, Stratford-upon-Avon and Leamington Spa.